Hi, my name is Sam Richmond and I am a senior at the University of Missouri School of Journalism majoring in my greatest passion, Sports Journalism. While a freshman in 2011, I completed an internship in the Bleacher Report Writer's Academy. Upon completion of the internship, I became a Featured Columnist writing about the Miami Heat. I also work as a News Desk writer for FanSided, publishing breaking news content on a wide range of topics from Johnny Manziel to Derek Jeter. Please follow my updates on Twitter. You can download a pdf of my resume. Contact me directly by email or phone at 314-814-3733.
Bachelor of Journalism: May 2015
Major in Sports Journalism
- Amassed more than one million reads as Featured Columnist , publishing two deadline articles per week about the Miami Heat
- Promoted from Featured Columnist l to Featured Columnist ll after six months based upon superior performance and audience growth
- Create breaking news content for multiple sports
- Publish 50+ articles per week
- Publish multiple articles per week about the University of Missouri football team for the official website of the team’s head coach, Gary Pinkel.
- Content includes game recaps, player interviews and an inside look into the MIZZOU football program
- Built a community of over 30,000 on Facebook for Exiles’ Miami Heat community.
- Ran HeatRising.com, Facebook and Twitter account, generating 1500 Twitter followers
- Wrote and published 20-30 articles per week about the Miami Heat, while managing three contributing writers
- Covered breaking news for multiples Exiles, Inc NBA, NFL and MLB communities
- Published 10-15 articles per week
- Held roles as softball and women’s basketball beat reporter for KBIA, Columbia’s NPR affiliate, in 2014
- Worked as staff writer and women’s tennis beat reporter for The Maneater, Missouri’s student-run newspaper, in 2011
- Published two features for Vox Magazine. Profile of True/False Film Festival staff members was lead story for February 2014
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Community Management & Social Channels
- Final Cut Pro
- Word Press & Multiple CMS